You will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions here. If you’re in doubt about how our service works, or would simply like to learn more, this is a place to start!

What is VAT?
Value Added Tax imposed on most goods and service through out ECC (European Community) the rate varies from 5% to 25%.

Who is eligible to claim?
A company which is not registered in the country where the claim is being made or the business is non-EU based and registered for business purposes in the country of origin.

What is a Certificate of Status?
The “Certificate of Status” is the proof that the company is registered for the in its own country. It is available from your principal Tax Authority. In some countries this certificate is issued either by your Tax Authority or Business Registration Authority. Please note that the certificate will be valid for twelve months from the date of issue, so you will only need to submit it once a year, we will advise you when your certificate is due for renewal. A valid “Certificate of Taxable Status” must be an original. (photocopies, faxes, or emailed certificates will not be accepted by the Tax Authorities).

Do I have to submit the original invoices and receipts?
Yes, we must have all the original invoices and receipts as the local Tax Authorities will not accept any scanned, photocopies, faxes or email invoices.

What is a Letter of Authority?
A letter signed by you that authorises Think Refund to deal direct with the Tax Authority on your behalf.

Are there any time limits for claiming?
Yes, there are very strict deadlines imposed by Tax Authority. We will give you dates by which we need to receive your paperwork in order to process your claim.